Monday, February 17, 2014

Happy Monday, folks. 

I hope everyone had a fantastic Valentines Day! 


Historically, Adam has been marginal to awful at making me feel special and appreciated on Valentines Day. He generally goes with the "We should be sweet to each-other all the time"  excuse, which would be valid if I were ever surprised by random flowers or hand made cards showing up on my desk. 

I am easy, I like the cliches. If I get a handmade doily card, some flowers (preferably roses) and/or some chocolate, chances are I will be thrilled. 

Most years, Adam has failed on valentines day, either not getting his valentine done in time, or not doing anything at all. 

This was our seventh Valentines Day together, and this year, I was pleasantly surprised! I woke up to a card, a and a box of See's Milk Chocolate Bordeaux's (yum). I was pretty happy just about that. To make it even better my sweet husband also had flowers delivered. 

Adam really got it right this time!

 Unfortunately... I failed. For the first time I did not make him a card. I had a big deadline to finish on friday, and I thought I could find the time, but never did. Between being busy and expecting Adam to not do anything about it, it was easy to let it slip through my fingers.  I feel awful about it. I did take him out to dinner on Saturday, but it was definitely an afterthought. What an odd change of tides. I guess I will have to find some other ways to tell  him that I love him more than anything, and he means the world to me. 

Take Care,
♥Erica


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!